The HKKMS website has facilities for visitors to comment on articles posted. This page outline the rules and approach for using the website features. We aim to make this website an interactive forum for practitioners and academics to discuss knowledge management.
Certain ethical rules should be adhered to, these are outlined below. We will aim to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message, comments express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people).
BASIC RULES on commenting
- Flaming : Do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest. Debates are fine, but argue with the point, not the person.
- Trolling: Do not come to this site with the purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you’re sure the other person is wrong. Anything seen as trolling will result in you being banned.
- Spamming: Please do not double post or cross-post the same message in multiple posts. You will not mass-PM or mass-email multiple members of this site the same message. This includes “bump threads” and posts intended merely to increase one’s post count. Worthless posts with no content and nonsensical posts eat up space and waste everyone’s time.
- Offensive Posts, Links or Images: Do not use profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs, or post, or any other offensive material.
- Advertising: Posting of advertisements for products or services, links to auctions, affiliate links, links to promote websites, and so forth is not allowed.
- No Disclosure of Personal Information: Do not disclose any other member’s email, real name, address, phone number, IP address, or other personal information. This includes the posting contents of emails and private messages without the sender’s consent. Do not bring personal disputes into the forums. Bans and warnings issued to other users are considered personal information.
- Duplicate Posts: Check the comments already posted to make sure someone has not already done a comment similar to yours. Duplicate or similar threads are subject to being merged or closed at the discretion of the moderator.
These rules are subject to change. We reserve the right to remove, edit or move posts at our discretion.