The purpose of the Society, which is non-profit making, is to provide a forum for professionals concerned with or interested in knowledge management theory and practice. More specifically, the Society has the following purposes,
- to provide an infrastructure and network for professionals in this field in Hong Kong;
- To facilitate the development of a network of KM practitioners in HK
- To hold events for those interested in KM on a regular basis
- To connect visiting International KM thought leaders to the HK HKKMS community
- To collaborate with any and all academic institutions on an ad hoc basis e.g. the KMIRC of The Polytechnic University
- To co-operate with like-minded professional organization in Hong Kong and the region
- To provide thought leadership in KM to the membership.